The First Congregational Church of Grand Island, Nebraska, was organized on June 16th, 1887, and held services at Sixth and Kimball Street.
The Free Evangelical Lutheran Church of Grand Island, Nebraska, was organized on October 14, 1906, and held services at Division and Vine Streets. In early 1956, the members of the Free Evangelical Lutheran Pilgrim Congregational Church become the nucleus of Park Community Church. In 1957, a fellowship/educational unit was built at Bismark and Oak Streets with the first service held there on October 6, 1957.
On January 30, 1961, the two Congregational Churches along with Park Community Church, merged to become the United Congregational Church, United Church of Christ of Grand Island.
In 1963, the congregation moved to the Bismark and Oak site with services held in the Fellowship Hall. On April 4, 1965, a dedication ceremony for the new sanctuary was held. In 1985/86 a new educational unit and kitchen remodeling project was completed without having to borrow funds.
Today, The United Congregational Church of Grand Island, Nebraska, is located at 405 East Bismark Street, Grand Island, Nebraska and is debt free.